- Today - The Great Lakes Cruise Company has become the industry leaders in Great Lakes cruising. The company offers staterooms aboard every ship that currently sails the Great Lakes: Pearl Mist, Victory I, Grande Caribe, & Grande Mariner.
- 2005 - Worked with James C. Acheson Foundation in bringing the M/V Columbus to Port Huron as their home port for a couple seasons. As a result, the Port Huron dock/pier and waterfront were completely renovated.
- 2000 - Great Lakes Cruise Company expanded their fleet, chartering both MV Columbus and the 90-passenger French Luxury yacht, Le Levant.
- 1999 - The Great Lakes Cruise Company operated the first American charter of the MV Columbus.
- 1998 - Fascinated by the idea of revitalizing Great Lakes cruising, travel industry veterans, Tom Conlin and his son Chris, formed the Great Lakes Cruise Company, a subsidiary of their travel management company, Conlin Travel.
- 1997 - German cruise line Hapag-Lloyd brought their 420-passenger cruise ship MV Columbus, filled primarily with German travelers, to sail the Great Lakes. This voyage drew attention to this once flourishing cruise market.
Book now with one of our specialists — (888) 891-0203
3270 Washtenaw Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
|We're also happy to work with Travel Agents!|
“This was a great way of learning much more about our Great Lakes, what is so much a part of them, and what an impact and important part they truly do play in our history as a great nation, but also in our everyday lives. Highly recommend such an experience. Was very well organized and certainly a most outstanding crew!”V. Zirkle, Ottawa, Ohio
“As one who has had a love affair with the State of Michigan since 1940, it was a thrill to circumnavigate it!”—M. Heath, Amherst, New York
“Great company! Exciting tours and enrichment speeches. Keep up the good work in promoting the Great Lakes!”—Mr. & Mrs. B. Peel, Albuquerque, New Mexico
“This was a perfect way for my husband and I to celebrate our anniversary.”—Mr. & Mrs. W. Howard, Salisbury, North Carolina
“I can truthfully say Great Lakes Cruise Company will take care of anyone who has a physical problem. They were great to me and the people made you feel that they really cared about you and your comfort and well-being. I am a senior citizen and needed their help and received it. The entire staff was great.”—S. Taylor, Magnolia, Arkansas
“We have been on many cruises, Mediterranean, Scandinavia, Alaska, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Gulf of Mexico, and are happy to recommend this delightful cruise to anyone looking for a different itinerary.”—Mr. & Mrs. W. Watson, Atlanta, Georgia
“It was a unique cruising experience! Being within sight of land (much of the time) is always interesting. The Great Lakes should be better appreciated, and this was a different view of a familiar and much-loved area. Thank you for a wonderful time!”—Mr. & Mrs. J. Hackett, Harsen's Island, Michigan